GLR 12 || UNITE & MOBILIZE FOR RACIAL JUSTICE || Resource Index
We COMMIT to BE an ACTIVE part of the
SOLUTION to ERADICATE RACIAL INJUSTICE.
We are long overdue for a massive shift of collective consciousness to transform hearts, minds, and habits of purposeful people and beyond to end racism – from protests to policy. This is not a black problem, but a structural issue built on white supremacy and centuries of racism. It’s everyone’s problem. And until we understand this, we will relive these tragic events over and over again. What changes will you make in your own life? Begin with answering that question and we stand a chance to move beyond and transcend segregation. We have a lot of work to do. So let’s get to it.
WATCH THE SESSION VIDEO from June 3 Global Living Room || Unite & Mobilize for Racial Justice
- How To Make This Moment the Point Of Real Change (Obama)
- EYES WHITE SHUT: HOW TO BEGIN TO END RACISM (amazing, by Thaly Germain, CEO of Onward)
- 10 ways to make Lasting Change (from HATCHer Chris Denson)
- 75 Things White People can do to make a difference
- Reading & Movie Watch List
- Emmanuel Acho’s “Uncomfortable Questions with a Black Man” video
- with CondeNaste’s 25 Best Books on Race and Racism in America in 2020
- A quick history lesson on how federal, state and local governments unconstitutionally segregated major metropolitan area in America through law and policy – Watch Segregated By Design (15 min)
- Watch 13th on Netflix
- There are many more resources in the link above.
- Amazing podcast series – “SEEING WHITE” (Start at the beginning, and take it one day at a time)
- ARTICLE: FOR OUR WHITE FRIENDS DESIRING TO BE ALLIES
- Anti-racism Resources
- Anti-Resources Teaching
“My children & grandchildren will NOT be protesting for justice of Black Lives. This change is going to happen now!”
– HATCHer / Educator Oman Frame
- Obama’s Civil Rights Civic Toolkit
- ACLU Racial Justice
- NAACP “We are Done Dying” Campaign
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- The Bail Project, Donate to fight racial/economic inequalities in the jail system at a national level.
- Campaign Zero – End police violence.
Anti-Racism – a directory compiled by HATCHer Genevieve Ennis Hume of resources by Black and Indigenous leaders to help —white folks in particular— unlearn racism and colonialism, and take action for justice. Featuring voices of those who confront and challenge relevant questions, as well as embody the joy of Black and Indigenous identity. Please follow and amplify their work, and pay for their services and wisdom. Part of the impetus for this project was learning how much money white-led organizations raise in the wake of the Black crisis, so those whose boards and leadership teams are without a Black or Indigenous majority are labeled as such.
- Each of us needs to be a proactive part of the solution.
- Listen. Educate yourself.
- Follow, listen, and Amplify Black Leaders
- Buy from From Black-Owned Businesses
- Sign Petitions
- Donate to BLM Causes
- Show Up & Protest
- If you are in a position of power, do more.
- If you are white, acknowledge your privilege. Then…
- REFRAME YOUR PRIVILEGE INTO A SUPERPOWER TO HELP
Watch this powerful poem by HATCHer, activist, poet, Aryeh-Or Katz (PLEASE SHARE):
Resources gathered By HATCH – Yarrow Kraner, Oman Frame, Kim Motley, Mark Brand, and many others.