The HATCH NextGen
IMAGINE A JUSTICE LEAGUE OF STUDENTS, EDUCATORS & MENTORS
working together to invest in and improve our future.
This is the NextGen Program.
This is HATCH.
HATCH strives to foster and mentor the Next Generation into socially responsible, entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow through education, experience and opportunity.
The HATCH NextGen programs connect students to global leaders and mentors at the top of their industries for real world opportunities.
HATCH designs high-touch collisions that forge relationships, manifesting powerful outcomes, and has curated 10,000+ hours of face-to-face mentorship with winners of awards such as Pulitzer’s, Cannes, Cannes Lion, CNN Women of the Year, Hugo’s, Grammys, Emmys, Oscars, Addy’s, Webby’s and more, with our leaders of tomorrow.
THE HATCH SUMMIT NextGen Fellowship – Students from around the world APPLY to attend a HATCH Experience Summit, a 3 1/2 day event of mind melding, talks, roundtables, workshops, idea exchange, music, and rapid prototype sessions working collaboratively on solutions to real-world challenges.
NextGen are paired with mentors who align with their vision and/or area of interest.
Want to to be a NextGen student at HATCH? APPLY HERE.
Know a student who should be a HATCHer? NOMINATE A STUDENT HERE.
Research by Deloitte projects that millennials will make up 75% of the global workforce by 2025. They also proactively choose to engage with companies that care about improving the world. A 2012 Dimensional Research survey revealed that mentorship was the # 1 request by millennials worldwide, with 62% requesting help finding a mentor.
HATCH NEXTGEN GET ACCESS TO AN ECOSYSTEM OF OPPORTUNITIES:
- Global Youth Awards – The Global Youth Awards were created to change the narrative around young people, focusing on the brilliant and innovative things that they are doing to change the world, rather than the few that are anti-social or destructive.
- Youth X Youth – a global community of youth activists and adult allies dedicated to the reimagination and transformation of education for collective. The Global Action Circles (GACs) are peer-to-peer learning journeys, hosted by our YxY youth hosts, where small groups of youth and adult learners meet every other week around an education-related theme and personal learning question.
- Kansas Leadership Center’s “PATH” program
- CAPS Summer Huddle
- Uprise – A 3-week immersive learning experience to build your leadership skills and plan for making an impact.
- Build On – buildOn is an international nonprofit organization that runs youth service afterschool programs in United States high schools and builds schools in developing countries
- X in A Box (Founded by a former partner at Pixar), In partnership with innovative companies, we create world-class content and programs that connect the classroom to the real world.
- HATCH NextGen Workshops – HATCH / mentors visit schools. Programs are underwritten by a sponsor. Watch video examples: Writer’s workshop + Innovator’s workshop
- HATCH NextGen LaunchPad – An in-school program currently being prototyped. The program pairs a student with a HATCHer to help a scale a student’s social impact capstone project and amplify its impact through mentorship.
- HATCH ACADEMY (https://www.hatchacademy.net) Hatch Academy connects the dots between where a young person is now and where they want to be, building necessary life skills under the apprenticeship of a seasoned professional.
As a young poet and activist, the HATCH Next Gen program has given me the tools, platform, connections, and support network to improve my work and grow as a person. In my fellow Next Geners, I have found some of my closest friends and collaborators, including Taliq Tillman, a young activist from Rhode Island who I have begun working with on a new project to increase youth political involvement. In many of the adult HATCHERS, I have found mentors, including Steve Connell, an accomplished spoken word poet whose advice and wisdom has helped me grow tremendously as an artist. These connections, along with the incredible opportunities I’ve received through the HATCH Next Gen program, have truly been life changing. I have been given the tools to further pursue passions I already new I had and have been introduced to others I didn’t. The way that HATCH brings together people of all different ages with different passions and professions is truly special and I’m so thankful to be a part of it.
“Take time to build relationships, and you will be rewarded with
Experiences you could never pay for.” ~ Jon-Paul Bowles
HATCH helps NextGen Students develop 21st Century Skills:
- Critical thinking / Problem Solving
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability / Resilience
- Communication (written, oral, blended, advanced media)
- Information sourcing and media literacy
- Self-direction and self-assessment
- Application of technology to workflow
- Authenticity & Accuracy