IMPACT LABS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Welcome to HATCH IMPACT LABS.
HATCH IMPACT LABS connects global thought-leaders and “out of the box” experts from a broad array of disciplines focused on solving large-scale challenges. IMPACT LABS are designed to induce collisions and elicit breakthroughs by means of big thinking from across genres, industries, expertise, and age, to produce real, actionable solutions.
We’re excited for you to join us in this 6 week program to design tangible change. Over the next six weeks, you and your team will work together to co-create solutions around one of our focus areas.
- EQUITY || Racial Justice
- ENVIRONMENT || Climate Change & Regenerative Systems
- EDUCATION || Reimagine the Future of
- MOBILIZE || the Vote
Upon registration, you will select one of the four topics that you are most passionate about. From there, you will be put into a working group of 6-8 participants. This program is for both NextGen and adults.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Gain Design Thinking & Problem Solving tools
- Earn Official Design Thinking Certification, if you’re building up your resume
- Radically expand your Global network
- Results published in a global impact report
- New perspectives, process/experiential learning
Thursdays @ 2PM PST / 5PM EST
These Impact Labs will take place over the course of 6 weeks, beginning Thursday, June 25th. Each session will be 90min.
In order to earn your Design Thinking certificate, you must attend 5 out of the 6 lab sessions.
IMPACT LAB ROADMAP & SCHEDULE
Week 1: Understand
- Understand ecosystem
- Opened to different povs (point of views)
- Defined opportunity area
- United towards a goal
Week 2: Define Challenge
- Practiced ideation
- Moved from daunting to daring
- Identified of team’s collective and individual interests
- Synthesized ideas in support of target
- Clear Challenge and Offer Statements
Week 3: Distill & Refine
- Distill example solutions
- Weigh on the Effort-Impact Scale
- Start Mapping Action steps
Week 4: Map Your Prototype
- Share out prototype action steps
- Vote on Best Prototype
- Create prototype storyboard outline
Week 5: Build the Blueprint
- Storyboard completed
- Pitch presentation outlined
Week 6: Package & Present
- Pitch presentation built
- Team and personal commitments documented
We understand that 6 weeks is a big commitment. In order for real change to occur, we need to dedicate our time and energy to co-creating solutions. Please make every effort to give the necessary attention to your team and focus area. This means…
- Embrace the Culture of HATCH
- Commit to the entire series
- Dedicate time to move an idea forward as a team
You will be organized into teams based on your focus area of interest. We will be organizing groups of NextGen (14-25) and professionals separately, with 2-3 groups of a combination of NextGen and professionals.
Each team will have between 6 and 8 participants.
In your meetings, your team will assign a researcher, facilitator, time keeper, note taker and communications manager. You can assign the role weekly or for the entire 6-week period.
For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org